Top payroll services for small businesses include ADP RUN, Paychex Flex and Gusto. Gusto is a great choice for startups and small businesses that want to focus on automated, compliant payroll and build out from there to include gusto benefits login solutions for benefits, time tracking and more. Gusto takes care of calculating and filing payroll taxes for you and your employees, and it keeps a record of pay stubs accessible to employees through their online profiles.
- ADP’s pricing structure is more complex than Gusto, and the additional costs can increase quickly, with extra fees for benefits administration and time tracking.
- Users can download the Gusto mobile app, or sign in from the web, to view payday data, edit tax details, see available PTO and even clock in and out right on their phone.
- Gusto also has built-in ACA, COBRA, HIPAA and ERISA compliance for benefits administration.
- As the admin, you can see an overview of any active benefits your company offers.
- From the employee perspective, we were able to view accrued and used time off in the web browser version of Gusto.
- As the admin, you can see outstanding expense reimbursement requests on the dashboard.
And you can request free payroll setup assistance from Gusto or tackle the online setup process yourself when creating your initial payroll account. Designed for small businesses, this cloud-based, all-in-one platform can be accessed from virtually anywhere through an online browser. Gusto, formerly ZenPayroll, doesn’t lock you into a contract and it’s easy to change your plan as your business evolves.
Does Gusto offer health insurance?
After that point, you’ll simply need to input employee hours weekly or biweekly and Gusto will run payroll. With any subscription level, you’ll be able to get customer support via phone, chat or email from actual humans — specifically, Gusto’s representatives in San Francisco or Denver. That’s a big plus, especially for those who are new to setting up payroll and benefits. However, customer support isn’t available during weekends and priority payroll and HR support is an add-on. Gusto gives your employees the ability to manage many tasks themselves through their own Gusto employee portal and the Gusto Wallet app. Employees can complete onboarding paperwork, select benefits and access pay stubs and other records through the portal on their own.
- Gusto gives your employees the ability to manage many tasks themselves through their own Gusto employee portal and the Gusto Wallet app.
- With any subscription level, you’ll be able to get customer support via phone, chat or email from actual humans — specifically, Gusto’s representatives in San Francisco or Denver.
- It even provides the option to send a digital welcome card to help the new employee feel welcomed.
- When running payroll manually, Gusto takes you through three steps.
- You can give access to your company’s Gusto administration to an employee within your company or someone outside your company.
Wave Payroll Plans start at $20 per month (base) and $6 per person per month. Many or all of the products featured here are from our partners who compensate us. This influences which products we write about and where and how the product appears on a page.
You’re our first priority.Every time.
Gusto is designed with dynamic startups and growing small businesses in mind. It was born out of a need in the market for payroll solutions that included businesses with heavy contractor-based workforces, and it’s still one of the best solutions around for that type of business. Based on what we were able to play with in the platform, Gusto guides you through payroll and benefits management in a way that makes these processes less overwhelming. You can be sure you’re doing things in the right order without missing a step.
The service keeps you updated and automatically alerts employees of any changes to the law to keep you compliant. It costs $10 per month for up to five employees, plus $1 per additional employee per month. Testing Gusto out from the employee’s point of view, we were able to easily update our personal details, view and enroll in benefits and more. From the employee perspective, we were able to view accrued and used time off in the web browser version of Gusto. It was easier to request time off in the Gusto Wallet app, as we didn’t have to choose the time-off type first.